Abbeville area dentist describes the advantages of placing a dental implant
Abbeville area patients visit Dr. Christopher T. Griffin because he is a dentist who cares about the beauty and health of the smile. He offers a myriad of dental solutions for cosmetic enhancement and many individuals are excited to visit his practice to see what can be done for their smiles. Some improvements can address not only beauty but function and health, making it very important for patients to learn about the solutions readily available to them through his dental practice.
Dr. Christopher T. Griffin is a quality dentist who offers his patients dental implants. Dental implants are restorations made of titanium. During oral surgery, they are placed into the bone of the jaw to replace missing teeth. They function just as a natural tooth root would. Then, they are restored over the top in one of three ways – with a dental bridge, a dental crown, or a denture.
Dental implants are incredibly versatile and a wonderful alternative to other options such as bridges or partial dentures. They have a number of benefits, which is why Dr. Christopher T. Griffin will often suggest them to patients. Below are just a few of the reasons dental implants are considered the “gold standard” in tooth replacement.
- Dental implants are biocompatible, fabricated from titanium, which is safe for the body
- Dental implants stimulate bone growth, which not only keeps the face from getting that “sunken in” appearance, but can help in holding the restoration firmly in place
- Dental implants are strong, using the bone for support and stability
- Dental implants function just like the natural teeth and have substantial strength
- Dental implants can be used to replace one tooth or several teeth – depending on the restoration they are supporting
- Dental implants last a lifetime
- Dental implants are not affected by dental decay, but may fall out if patients develop periodontal disease and lose bone in their jaw
- Dental implants are predictable, with placement success ranging up to 98 percent
Contact Dr. Christopher T. Griffin today and schedule an appointment.